Saturday, August 09, 2008

On the road again...

I just finished watching the looonnnggg rebroadcast of the opening ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics. Over the top doesn't quite describe it. Enough fireworks went off to pretty much nullify all those factory closures that were supposed to bring blue skies for the Games (did you know that fireworks produce significant and long-lasting air pollution? Well, they do).

I'm off to Shanghai tomorrow, and then on to Beijing. I'm not bringing a laptop (doing this trip carry-on thanks to the reportedly onerous security checkpoints, not to mention the checked baggage fees), something I will probably regret at some point because I still have some writing to do on my book. On the other hand, this trip promises to be packed with sporting events, parties, random socializing, and oh yeah, another round of drinking with the Manchurian hairdressers.

Stay tuned...

No comments: