Thursday, February 19, 2009

Live from Chongqing...

Greetings! We're settled in here in Chongqing, a process made infinitely easier thanks to Xujun Eberlein, her sister and friends. They picked us up at the airport, reserved rooms for us at a very nice hotel (and for a great rate too) and generally are being incredible and gracious hosts. Xujun is the author of the award-winning collection of short stories, "Apologies Forthcoming" (I interviewed Xujun here) and writes the always illuminating blog, Inside Out China - currently and somewhat mysteriously blocked in China.

This is my second visit to Chongqing. The first was in early February 1980. I can honestly say that I'm already having a better time than that first experience, which I'll try and post about tomorrow. Right now, a full day of travel from Dali involving just about every form of transportation but a boat and a donkey cart has got me pretty wiped out, and I'm going to take advantage of this lovely, quiet hotel room and get some sleep.

No comments: