Thursday, November 17, 2005

An idea whose time has, well, come?

Heidi Fleiss plans to open a bordello serving women, according to the LA Times:
In a move bound to hearten aspiring Deuce Bigalows the world over, Fleiss said she is joining with a Nevada brothel owner to open the state's first house of prostitution in which men cater to women.

Fleiss, whose partner notified Nye County officials of the plan this week, said they will charge $250 an hour and call it "Heidi's Stud Farm."

"Women are more independent these days; they make more money and it's hard to meet people," Fleiss said as she packed for what she said would be a permanent move to Nevada.

"You wouldn't believe the number of women who've told me, 'Heidi, if you do this, I'll be the first one in line!' I mean, relationships are harder than dieting, you know what I mean?"
Salon has more, especially interesting for the comments the piece has received. Though not absolute, most male responders don't think Heidi's business will fly - and some find the idea downright immoral.

The female respondents, by and large, think it's a great idea, and offer some creative suggestions for a successful business. Here's my personal favorite:
But for me, and probably for a lot of other women, what I'd REALLY like to see is something more like a male geisha, able to play guitar or maybe blues harmonica, make witty small talk, convince me that I'm charming & attractive, THEN have sex. And yes, I would pay quite a bit more for that. And yes, I would know on some level that it's all a put-on & be perfectly fine with that..
What a world, what a world...

No comments: